Friday, January 22, 2010

Evolve: A Bar to Mention


I can't go through one day without the need to snack. However, I am away from the kitchen and a refrigerator most of my day so I am forced to find alternatives. A huge trend of today is the power-bar snack. Loads of companies have debuted a bar that they think is superior and more delicious than the rest! Well, I have put many to the test and definitely have come away with some dislikes and favorites!

A Solid Snack Time Filler- When you are stuck in the student union with 2 bucks and starved (1.80/bar)
Odwalla Chewy Nut Bar: Sweet and Salty Almond
This bar has a fantastic taste. I like the ingredients-- nothing artificial, its an all natural bar! This bar comes with chunks of crunchy almonds, is low in sugar and high in fiber. The texture is also very nice. The bar is not huge or overly dense and lacks good amounts of quality protein so it won't fill you up too long and is not ideal for post-workout, however, in a pinch this bar will not bust any waist bands or ruin your diet. I like this bar as a go-to bar when I am quite hungry and on campus.

One of a Kind Bar: The You Bar!
I think this has been one of the most awesome sites I have seen about bars. This company actually let's you create your own custom bar! You can add any type of base, nut, fruit, protein, sweetener, vitamins, herbs, antioxidants, etc to the bar-- you even get to name your bar. They will cost you a pretty penny (40 dollars for 13), but it is a bar that will definitely fit your dietary needs in every way. Here is a link to the web site: Youbar
I have yet to try them, yet... but plan on in the near future! Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment